Stratpoint Technologies, a leading technology services firm, recently co-hosted a webinar on data streaming for Cloud with Confluent, the data streaming platform that is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure that sets data in motion. Entitled “The Need for Speed: Data Streaming on Cloud for Better Customer Experience,” the session featured the following presentations on handling massive amounts of data and how Confluent can help address these challenges:
- Navigating the Current Customer Landscape by Sonny Carlos, Stratpoint Cloud and Data Business Unit Head
- Building Streaming Data Pipeline with Confluent Cloud by Leo Yuen, Confluent Partner Solutions Engineer
- Game-changing Technology Applied by JC Macariola, Stratpoint Technical Architect and Hajie Sarmiento, Stratpoint Data Lead
Some key points discussed during the session are:
- Data is expected to continuously grow in the immediate future, making it difficult for companies to make sense of information as a whole. Additionally, legacy systems and data silos create further complexities and challenges for businesses. To address these challenges, companies turn to Kafka, an open-source distributed event streaming platform.
- Self-managing Kafka can be challenging, requiring significant resources and infrastructure costs. To help companies address these challenges, Confluent’s cloud-native offering, created by the founders of Apache Kafka, makes deploying, operating, and scaling Kafka-based data pipelines easier.
- The benefits of Confluent include offloading the operational burden of managing Kafka to a third-party provider, reducing costs associated with managing and scaling Kafka in-house, and allowing companies to rapidly build and stream data pipelines for a shorter time-to-market and more agile decision-making.
- Among Stratpoint’s customers, a tollway operator and a universal bank stand out as successful use cases for Confluent. After deploying Confluent with Stratpoint, the tollway operator’s data transmission was 90% faster, resulting in a seamless travel experience for customers. Meanwhile, the universal bank achieved its digital transformation initiative while complying with security standards and adhering to best practices, all while saving on costs.
As a Confluent Consulting Partner, Stratpoint Technologies can help companies set data in motion with accelerated time-to-market, reduced total cost of ownership, and maximized return on investment. Watch the full recording here.