We are looking for Database Administrators who want to contribute to the transformation journeys of top organizations by leveraging data to make informed decisions.
Main duties and responsibilities:
● Responsible for designing, testing, planning, implementing, protecting, operating, managing, and maintaining databases
● Responds to database problems that arise and carries out periodic maintenance and troubleshooting.
● Assist with schema design, code review, SQL query tuning
● Install, tune, implement and upgrade DBMS installations
● Write and deploy SQL patches
● Upgrade and improve application schema and data upgrades
● Proactively and regularly make recommendations for system improvements
● Collate, prepare and present statistical information for internal and external use
● 3+ years of experience administering production, always-on, high throughput, OLTP RDBMS with the last 1+ years administering Oracle/MySQL databases
● Proficiency in administering Oracle 11g+ / MySQL 5.5+ database servers running on-premise data center environments
● Proficiency in Oracle/MySQL/PostgreSQL backup & recovery, upgrading, patching, and performance tuning
● Knowledge of SQL query execution, execution analysis & optimization, indexing strategies, partitioning, etc.
● Knowledge of SQL schema modeling and evolution.
● Proficiency in various RDBMS replication strategies.
● Experience with Oracle RAC or MySQL geo-redundant database is a plus.
● Solid Linux fundamentals that relate to DB performance and security.
● Familiarity with Data Privacy Act, PCI DSS, and other security practices is a plus.
● Excellent troubleshooting, documentation, and communication skills.
● Experience with other database management systems is a plus.
● Highly motivated and self-driven.
● Enjoy learning new technologies and applying that to solving problems.
● Enjoy collaborating and working in small teams.
● Technically strong and hands-on.
● Good at multitasking and thriving in fast-paced environments.
● Methodical, thorough, and solution-oriented.
● Willing to work on a shifting schedule
Nice to have:
● AWS Certified Database Specialty
●OCP/OCA Database 11g/12c Administrator cert holder will be an advantage
●OCP/OCA MySQL 5.6/5.7 Administrator cert holder will be an advantage